Stallions at Oakgrove - Avonbridge
- European champion sprinter 2005
- Timeform’s highest-rated all-round sprinter in Europe
- Half-brother to GROUP 1 winning sprinter Patavellian
- timeform’s highest-rated older sprinter in europe
- Sire of Temple Meads (Gp2 Mill Reef S.) Blaine (Gp2 Gimcrack S., 2012), Iver Bridge Lad (Gp3 PRIX DE SEINE-ET-OISE, L Dragon S., 2nd Gp3 Sirenia S., 3rd Gp3
- Cornwallis S.), Caelis (3rd G2 Marjorie L Everett H., 2012) Hallelujah 3rd Gp3 Summer S., 2012
2013 Fee: £3,000 (1st Oct)
Race Record (2003-2005)
- 5f GP1 Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp
- 5f GP2 Prix du Gros-Chêne
- 5f GP3 Palace House S
- 6f Listed Cathedral S.
- 6f Listed Rockingham S at 2
- 6f GP1 July Cup
- 5f GP3 Palace House S, btn short head
- 6f Listed Carnarvon S, btn short head
- 6f Listed Pavilion S
- 6.5f GP1 Prix Maurice de Gheest
- 6f GP2 Diadem S.
- 5f GP2 Prix du Gros-Chêne
- 4th 5f GP1 Nunthorpe S.
- 5th 5f GP1 Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp etc
- Pattern Race winner at 2, 3, 4 and 5 years
- In the money in 20 out of 22 starts (18 consecutive starts including 16 consecutive Pattern races)
Cartier Champion European Sprinter 2005
|AVERTI* (IRE) |
|Warning||Known Fact||In Reality|
|Where You Lead|
§ Oakgrove owned
You can also view Avonbridge's pedigree at equine.com
1st damALESSIA (GB) by Caerleon (USA): Winner at 2 and placed 4 times: Own sister to CASEY. Dam of 3 winners:
- PATAVELLIAN (IRE) (g Machiavellian (USA)): 8 wins at 4, 5 and 7 at home, France, £300,943. Prix.de l´Abbaye de Longchamp G1; 3rd Sprint Cup G1, Prix Maurice de Gheest G1.
2nd damKISS : 4 wins at 3; 3rd Portland H L. Dam of:
- CASEY (f Caerleon (USA)): Kikuka Sho Park Hill S G2. Dam of:
- TENZAN SEIZA (JPN)(c Tony Bin):Kyoto Shimbun Hai L, Keihan Hai L, Australia Trophy L.
- Delauncy (GB) (f Machiavellian (USA)): 2nd Prix Suave Dancer-Charles Laffitte L; dam of DELSARTE (USA) (c Theatrical) (Brazil & Parry Newmarket S L; 2nd King Edward VII S G2),
- Veenwouden (GB) (f Desert Prince (IRE)) (3rd Jockey Club Cup G3)
- Perrine (JPN) (f Tony Bin); dam of T M AURORA (JPN) (f Manhattan Cafe (JPN)) (Fuchu Himba S G3)
- Crack (c High Line): 2nd Cementone Beaver Henry II EBF S G3.
- Lady Mar (GB) (f Generous (IRE)): Dam of:
- ROMAN EMPIRE (TUR) (c Roman Art (USA)): Fetih S L, Mimar Sinan L.
3rd damMISS PETARD by Petingo: 3 wins at 2 and 3. Ribblesdale S G2. Dam of:
- REJUVENATE (f Ile de Bourbon (USA)): Park Hill S G2.
- GREEN TURBAN (GB) (c Shareef Dancer (USA)): Stadshypotek Taby Varsprint L.
- Society Boy (c Sir Gaylord): 2nd Mono Sagaro S G3; 2nd P.de la Direccion Gen.Produccion Agraria L; 4th Gran Premio de Madrid-Galerias Preciados G1. Sire.
- Colorific (GB) (c Rainbow Quest (USA)): 2nd Juddmonte EBF Beresford S G2. Sire.
- Jubilee Trail (f Shareef Dancer (USA)): Dam of:
- JUBILATION (GB) (c Zamindar (USA)): Champion older horse in Scandinavia in 2005, AON Stockholms Stora Pris G3, Marit Sveaas Minnelop G3.
- PEACE ENVOY(GB) (g Warning): Crawley Warren Heron S L; 3rd Beeswing S G3.
Avonbridge’s progeny includes:
- TEMPLE MEADS: Gp2 Mill Reef S.
- BLAINE: Gp2 Gimcrack S. in 2012
- IVER BRIDGE LAD: Gp3 Prix de Seine-et-Oise, L Dragon S., 2nd Gp3 Sirenia S., 3rd Gp3 Cornwallis S.
- CAELIS: 3rd G2 Marjorie L Everett H. in 2012, 4th G1 Vanity H. 2012
- HALLELUJAH: 3rd Gp3 Summer S. in 2012
- AVOMCIC: 2nd L Criterium Livorno in 2012
- AVON LADY: 4th L Fleur de Lys Fillies S.
- IT’S YOU AGAIN: 3rd L Prix Hampton
- FIFTH AVE: 3rd Marygate Fillies S.
- GLAS BURN: 4th L Bosra Sham Fillies S.
- Also FOLLY BRIDGE rated 104 RPR 4 wins and £49,342
He's Mr. Consistent - Roger Charlton
He has a quite exceptional race record - Courses et Elevages a fine physical horse - Roger Charlton
Avonbridge is like a Formula One car - Paris Turf
He is so laid back - Roger Charlton
Avonbridge is at least as effective at 5f as 6f - Timeform
Avonbridge has got a great temperament, which is so important for sprinters. Hes a very professional horse, just as adept over five or six furlongs. He doesn't do an awful lot at home but he does it on the racecourse - Roger Charlton
GP1 Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp 1st of 17
Richly deserved this - Racing Post
Sensational - Desmond Stoneham
Charged through to lead in the final strides - Racing Post
Avonbridge sliced through the field in the last 2f or so - Timeform
GP1 July Cup 2nd of19
Avonbridge put up a performance good enough to have taken some other renewals of late. Avonbridge looked the winner when readily going 3l clear into the Dip - Timeform
Avonbridgehas the profile to suggest this tough six furlongs is stretching his stamina and the way he kicked clear two furlongs out to suggest he would win well supports that…will take all the beating in the Abbaye - Racing Post
Avonbridges July Cup is up with the best sprint performances this season - Timeform
GP1 Prix Maurice de Gheest 3rd of 12
We were just caught out by that extra half furlong - Steve Drowne
Avonbridge kept on right to the line…lost 2nd in the last stride - Raceform
Avonbridge would have been second but for wandering under pressure as he found the extended trip testing his stamina - Racing Post
A fine third over a distance stretching the stamina of such a quick horse - Courses et Elevages
GP1 Nunthorpe S. 4th of 12
He ran a great race and if it had been fast ground he would have won. He came there to win but he couldnt go on. Soft ground doesn't help - Roger Charlton
GP2 Prix du Gros-Chene 1st of 8
GP3 Palace House S. 1st of 9
Hes run a wonderful race - Roger Charlton
I've never gone into the Dip so fast…we were really trapping - Steve Drowne
That was the best performance he has ever put up and that was a fantastic time as well - Roger Charlton
Avonbridge quickened and responded well to hold off Ashdown Express to whom he was conceding 6lb - Timeform
The solid form through the field strongly suggests that Avonbridge has produced a career - best effort under his 6lb Group 2 penalty…What impressed was that with Celtic Mill setting a strong pace, Avonbridge was just off the pace and had to show a smart turn of foot to get to the front and he then had to dig again as Ashdown Express laid down a challenge midtrack - Racing Post
GP3 Palace House S. 2nd of 13
he would have needed the race so it was very encouraging - Roger Charlton
Avonbridge shouted claims to bigger and better things (than Frizzante) on this seasonal reappearance - Racing Post